Tuesday, August 28, 2012

R&R

Ah, the life of being swaddled and rocked to sleep.  Why does this ever come to an end? Is it all that wrong that I'm jealous of my infant?  


And how, exactly, does he always manage to wiggle his little toes out of his cocoon?


A definite downside to being a military family is the continual PCSing (relocating) every 3 years or less.  One of my favorite things about visiting back home is getting the opportunity to schedule all of my self-indulgent spa visits.  Maybe it's just me, but I hate trying to find a new "Mr. or Ms. Right" for a hair stylist, massage therapist, etc. when we tackle a new town.

I suppose on the positive side, this dilemma helps me keep unnecessary pampering costs to a minimum (except for when we travel home, that is).  Case in point: Aleasha Schrock-LeClere.  She's hands down the best massage therapist that I've ever booked an appointment with.  From MN to TX to LA...I've searched time and time again to find someone who comes close to matching her talents.  After each new visit, I feel uber disappointed and mad at myself for wasting money on another no-good spa retreat.

Obviously, I never miss an opportunity to book a massage with Aleasha when we travel back to the Midwest.  Ok, ok, I confess.  I booked 2 massages on back to back days just this last visit.  But I was recovering from birthing an 11lb baby.  Naturally.  Give me a break!  Aleasha is certified in Orthopedic Massage, so I always leave her office feeling as though she's helped alleviate any tension AND re-position my body into proper alignment.  I do have to admit - there has been nothing worse for my posture than having a baby.  This is not so much due to the pregnancy period itself, but instead the nursing, carrying around and shifting of body weight in general.   

After my massages, I was explaining to Aleasha how frustrating it is to live so far away and not be able to find a "stand-in" massage therapist while I'm traveling the globe.  (Cue super cool masseuse.)  Aleasha stepped up and actually referred me to a website of massage therapists certified in Orthopedic Massage and helped me find one in my area of Louisiana who is not only licensed in the field, but certified to teach Orthopedic Massage as well.  Undoubtedly, Aleasha could rest assured that I'd still never quit booking appointments with her each and every chance I had to come back home.

So, to all my IA buddies who are looking for the best gal around in any area of massage (she offers no less than 10 different kinds of massages), check Aleasha's Balanced Health Solutions out.  Icing on the cake: she's 100% affordable!  Let Aleasha know I sent you her way and tell her "hi" from me!  Trust me; you won't regret it!

Now go take a bit of advice from my 3 month old and get your midday relax on!


*If you're not sure what kind of massage you want, just book a combo and then discuss your desires with Aleasha once you're there.*

**And for everyone else who doesn't live in IA, check out the website that Aleasha recommended to find an Orthopedic Massage Therapist in your area.  The most qualified therapists are listed in RED (teaching assistants).  Be sure to pay attention to the 5-day course date - the more recent, the better!**

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the list of preferred practitioners! What a great resource. I've been entirely enjoying your blog & looking forward to cooking up some of those delicious recipes!

    ReplyDelete