Thursday, August 9, 2012

Celebrate

Loving my hubby for the Honda Pilot Touring that we purchased.  I've been eyeing it for quite sometime now.  For the last 4 years, we've managed to get by on just 1 vehicle.  While living in downtown Minneapolis, I literally had to walk downstairs from my apartment to work in the plaza below.  Public transportation also allowed us to easily get by with only one vehicle.  Honestly, we only used it when we traveled. 

When we moved to TX, Bryon worked less than a mile from our house.  The same is true at our current home in Louisiana.  He loves his road bike, and thinks nothing of riding to work year-round.  I've been driving our car to my job, but he continues to cycle to and from his office on a daily basis.

However, Bryon is starting a new job at the Cyber Innovations Center which is a bit more of a trek away.  Additionally, Maks's car seat and misc. goods just take up too much of our car when we travel long distances - especially when we bring Kira, too.  Time for a new car!  Thus, our Honda Pilot!


We also celebrated my birthday/our anniversary (belated) with dinner at the Lincoln Cafe in Mount Vernon, IA.  This is where we had our first date and also the place we ate on the evening that Bryon proposed to me.  The restaurant owners even learned that we had a little boy and gave us a onesie for him.  They asked us to take a photo of him wearing it so that they can put his picture up in the restaurant, too!  How things can change in 5 years time!





It was so nice to be able to leave Maksim with his grandparents while we enjoyed a little date to ourselves.  Times like these make me wish family was nearby on a regular basis!  






No comments:

Post a Comment