Sunday, October 28, 2012

Learning

Grandpa Tom is teaching Maks all sorts of fun stuff while we visit...


Jenga.  These wooden blocks are perfect for teething!  As of Saturday morning, I could feel two little bottom front teeth that finally made their way through his gums!



Diet Coke.  No, we don't drink soda in our house.  However, Grandpa Tom is an addict.  Even still, that doesn't exactly mean that Maks drinks soda with Grandpa (we're still EBFing...plus, catching my baby with soda would be a far cry from reality).  What it does mean is that there are plenty of empty soda bottles laying around the house for Maks to play with!  Forget buying (expensive) toys, these bottles are FUN.  I know, I know...not exactly non-toxic and BPA-free...but we're on vacation and making due with what's available.





Crawling and more.  Maks had been semi-scooting since 4 months and really started to get the hang of it while we were vacationing in Oregon.  Once we landed in Iowa, he actually started to army crawl his way across the room.  Within a week and a half, he's already graduating to balancing on all fours!  Nothing is safe anymore!  Maks is crawling around, opening drawers, pulling plugs/cords out of the outlets (we've put a quick stop to this!) and keeping me on my toes in general.



Climbing stairs.  Like I said, Grandpa Tom is full of fun ideas.  Case in point: teaching my 5 month old to climb up the stairs.  What, exactly, does he expect me to do when I arrive back home and Maks starts to try and climb our wooden staircase?  According to Grandpa, "Not my house, not my problem!"  







Standing on his own.  While we're at climbing stairs, why don't we just start standing up alongside the coffee table, too?



Please slow down, little man!  Isn't it too soon for some of this stuff?  Needless to say, Daddy is going to be in for some pretty big changes when Maksim and I arrive back in Louisiana tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment