Monday, September 3, 2012

Potato Salad

What's Labor Day without a good plate of potato salad?  In all actuality, I don't prepare anything out of the ordinary for most holidays.  However, I can never seem to get enough of this particular side.  I'm a sucker for fresh dill!  I'll make a batch for dinner or a potluck, and it always makes a good left-over dish for lunch the following day.  I can find organic new red potatoes in 5# bulk bags, so I often seem to double (fine, I've been known triple) this dish!



1.5lbs red potatoes, cut into cubes
2.5 tsp fine sea salt
1/3 cup soy-free vegenaise
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp pepper
1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill

Bring a large pot of water with 2 tsp of salt to a boil on the stovetop.  Add the potatoes and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.  Strain and let completely cool.

In a bowl, whisk together vegenaise, relish, vinegar, pepper and remaining sea salt.


Once potatoes are cool, toss with celery and dill.  Add vegenaise mixture and combine well.




*You can add 2 scallions (thinly sliced) to the celery/dill step, but I prefer the recipe without.*


Yes, I am probably multiplying this recipe simply because I love it that much; but the 5# bag of potatoes gives me a good excuse to do so!


**recipe slightly modified from Skinny Bitch In the Kitch**

No comments:

Post a Comment