Saturday, October 21, 2017

Mom's Visiting Day

Once a year I get the opportunity to visit the kids' classrooms and let them show me what they're working on in school.   This is my first year with both kids attending school, so I had to split my time between classrooms - giving me only 25 minutes with each child.

The changes from year to year with Maks continue to be so dramatic, it always surprises me just how much he's learning.  From reading to world geography to math...and beyond.  He's always anxious to show me all of the "work" he does during the school days.  Maksim chose to demonstrate the movable alphabet as well as the teens board.  Here he is proudly showing off his completed teens board work.




Here are some pictures his teachers have sent me over the past few months:

Map work and world geography are some of his favorite subjects right now.

I can see so much of myself in this photo!



This is Deklan's first year in school, and he was so thrilled to show me his classroom!  He desperately wanted to show me color mixing, but his classmate was busy with that work.  Instead Deklan organized sea shells in matching rows, showed me some number bead work, and counted with the spindle box.  His favorite activities came from the geometry cabinet - where he advanced from basic shapes: circle, square and triangle, to more complex shapes: oval, ellipse, curvilinear triangle, quatrefoil.  That's right: quatrefoil.  Who doesn't know the term quatrefoil (this girl)??




And some photos from Deklan's teachers:


The first thing he tells me about school each day is how he ate his snack with his 2 friends.



Banana cutting.

Color mixing!


Each of my children was disappointed that their time to show me what they were learning seemed so short!  I'm not complaining that they love school so much!  Each classroom sang a few songs and then it was time for parents/special visitors to leave for the day.  It'll be so interesting to see how much more they learn when Bryon gets to attend in January for Dad's Visiting Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment