Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Big Brother Duties

The boys are settling into their new normal.  They sure do wish that Scarlett slept a little bit less and played with them a little bit more (and didn't cry in the car).  Give it time, guys!


Come ON!!!


AMIGOS.


I think she likes him.  And I know he loves her.

First thing every morning, Maksim quietly walks by my room to see if Scarlett is still sleeping or not.  If she's awake, he hurries in to say "good morning" and chat with her.  Otherwise, he will patiently wait hoping she wakes up and he can help feed her (even after the tongue and lip tie procedure we are still restricted to bottle feeding for the time being).  



Mornings with Maks.

He's even given her a 2nd nickname: Cute Squirt (in addition to "Beautiful Cupcake" - what he wanted to name her at birth).  He claims, "We already know she's cute, Mom.  And when she drinks milk she squirts it out the sides of her mouth."  Can't argue with that logic.


Ready and willing to help.

Before school cradle holding session.

Deklan is thrilled to be a big brother for the very first time!  I love looking in the rear view mirror in the car and catching sight of him gently holding hands with Scarlett as we drive to school.  He knows the perfect speed to bounce her in her chair and the exact way she likes her head to be rubbed.  Just ask him!

Ugh.  I can't even handle this.

And I can't forget about this one.  Kira.  She's a professional.  Third time welcoming home a baby for her, and she's more seasoned than ever.  She's my babysitter, spit-up cleaner, full length pillow, foot warmer and forever friend.  Oh, and she loves with all her heart - all the time.  


My oldest and my youngest.

I simply can't get enough of this video of Maksim teaching Scarlett how to give her first high five:




And just for fun, a throwback to when these two were just getting to know one another themselves.  Seems like just yesterday...


-2014-

No comments:

Post a Comment