Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Maks and Kira: A Love Story


He's so anxious for her arrival that he's nervously chewing on the blinds...


M: "Hey girl, I was wondering..."


K: "What's up, buddy?"


M: "I was just wondering...Will you be my Valentine?"



K: "Aww, don't be so shy, little stud!"


K: "I thought you'd never ask!"



 Happy Valentine's Day 2013!



Best buds!



Now...IT'S MAMA'S TURN!!!

Step 1.  You know something's up when I go and buy some bright red lipstick.  I never buy lipstick.




 Step 2:  Attack with love.  (Don't be overly particular about the outcome.  Babies squirm about.  It happens.)

Step 3:  Take photos before he has the chance to roll over and run away.


Try to get him to give a big smile...

...even though it's just minutes before bedtime.

"Why is Da-da jumping around and flailing his arms like that?  And what kind of noise was that??  He's SO strange." 
Most importantly, know that when you get a big smile, he'll cover it with his hands. 

Step 4:  Pick him up as soon as he manages to get exactly 1 lip print on the couch (which he thinks is hilarious).

Our fool proof way to get Maks to smile: put him in the air.

He never gets tired of flying!

The two top front teeth have made their debut.  We've got a total of 5 now!

Step 5:  Bath time.  (Might I add that lipstick has apparently come a long ways since I used it as a kid. I scrubbed and Scrubbed and SCRUBBED this kid, and he still went to bed with faint little lip prints all over his body.  Sweet dreams, my little Valentine!

3 comments:

  1. Those dimples on Maks are just SO adorable. Happy Valentines Day to you & your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! To y'all as well! We might have another Hawaii trip in our near future. I'll keep you posted if it pans out!!!

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet post!!! I love all of the captions!

    ReplyDelete