Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween 2012

First off...this is LONG overdue.

My last day in Iowa called for some last minute pumpkin decorating.  I had to do something with the pumpkins I'd purchased at the pumpkin patch since Maks wasn't going to be able to stuff them in our carry-on bag on the plane ride home.  I'm not exactly crafty, so a quick round of glue and glitter and a spider web from Michaels did the trick!


I'd really wanted some cute photos of Maksim with the Halloween display, but we had visitors Sunday night and our plane left at noon on Monday.  We had about 10 minutes available between when I had to wake him up from his morning nap and when we needed to be in the car on our way to the airport.  Grandpa Tom tossed some blankets (please excuse the dog hair; my sister's dog is a shedding machine!) in a chest and threw the pumpkins and Maks right on in!


Unfortunately, my little man wasn't feeling the whole "smile for the camera" vibe.  Admittedly, I wouldn't be all wide-eyed and smiling after somebody woke me up from the middle of my nap either!


So glitter might not have been the best choice for pumpkin decorating.  How was I supposed to know Maks was going to actually try and taste EVERY SINGLE ONE?


Back home in Louisiana on the big day: Halloween!  


I'm 100% biased, but tell me this isn't the cutest little sock monkey you've ever seen!  You can't do it, can you?


No trick-or-treating for us.  We just sat outside with some friends and passed out treats to the neighbor kids as they paraded on by.


Regrettably, Bryon and I didn't have time to put together costumes for ourselves this year.  However, I still have a few more photos of Halloween to come - 1 costume for Kira and another costume for Maks.  My hands are just full right now - a baby, and a dog and a husband who is busy working this week in Virginia.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment