Tuesday, June 26, 2012

2 month checkup

Little Maks is growing like a weed.  I must be used to his size, because it's not until I go to the pediatrician's office and sit in the waiting room that I realize just how much larger my man is than his peers!



There was a cute little girl in a car seat next to us while we waiting to be called in to Dr. Ritch's office for Maks' 2 month check up.  I was casually chatting with the little girl's parents, only to discover that she was 6 months old.  6 months old?!?!  When I heard that, it was all I could muster to keep my eyes from popping out of my head!  Maksim was her size when he was 6 weeks old!  I think it was as much of a shocker for the little girl's parents to find out about Maks' age/size as it was for me to find out about hers!  Such a cutie, nonetheless.


I never think of Maks as being as big as he really is.  I guess it's because he is my firstborn and the only newborn I've ever really spent a significant amount around.  However, I've met my share of chunky babies with roly-poly thighs, and that's just not Maks.  It wasn't until I learned that Maks is proportionally as tall as he is heavy (in fact, he is a bit taller) that I understood why he didn't look like a sumo-baby.




Here is how Maks measured at his 2 month visit:
95th percentile for height
90th percentile for weight
50th percentile for head circumference


No vaccinations for us (Maks has never had any vaccines - not even a vitamin K shot or eye ointment at his birth.  I'll blog about that sometime in the future, I'm sure), so our Dr. visits are uneventful and tear-free.  We like it that way!  Dr. Ritch is always so enthusiastic about Maks' progress and very impressed by him in general.  He's loving how Maks thrives while being exclusively breastfed on a mostly vegan diet.  Mama and Daddy are pretty happy with their healthy boy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment